Re: Why is vim built against python 2.7

  • Vlad Irnov
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
      On Oct 4, 10:58 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
      > On Oct 5, 1:47 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am trying to use vim 7.3 with python 2.6 but it keeps complaining
      > > that python 2.7 is not available. I found this site showing gvim72
      > > builds with different builds for seperate python versions.
      >
      > > Why does vim build against a specific file type? And if it does how
      > > can I get gvim73 to work with python 2.6 on Windows xp?
      >
      > Edit I found this page.http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-
      > enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW
      >
      > However I can't build the files as there are no vim 7.3 lang files in
      > the extra ftp.http://ftp.vim.org/vim/extra/

      Hi,
      I am the author of that wiki tip. It needs to be updated for Vim 7.3.
      Extra files are no longer a separate download, everything is included
      in one archive.
      You just download Vim sources for PC from
      ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/vim73src.zip
      and you have everything to compile gvim.exe and vim.exe on Windows.

      You can also use ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/vim-7.3.tar.bz2

      Also, installer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/
      (gVim one-click installer for Windows) has Vim compiled against Python
      2.6 according to latest release note.