Re: Why is vim built against python 2.7

  • Reckoner
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
      This might help:

      http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=1850010&fromSeriesID=185

      good luck!

      On Oct 4, 7:47 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
      > I am trying to use vim 7.3 with python 2.6 but it keeps complaining
      > that python 2.7 is not available. I found this site showing gvim72
      > builds with different builds for seperate python versions.
      >
      > Why does vim build against a specific file type? And if it does how
      > can I get gvim73 to work with python 2.6 on Windows xp?

    • flebber
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
        Will have to wait until the necessary lang and extra files for 7.3 are
        here. http://ftp.vim.org/vim/extra/

        On Oct 5, 3:42 am, Reckoner <recko...@...> wrote:
        > This might help:
        >
        > http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=1850010&fromSeriesID=185
        >
        > good luck!
        >
        > On Oct 4, 7:47 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am trying to use vim 7.3 with python 2.6 but it keeps complaining
        > > that python 2.7 is not available. I found this site showing gvim72
        > > builds with different builds for seperate python versions.
        >
        > > Why does vim build against a specific file type? And if it does how
        > > can I get gvim73 to work with python 2.6 on Windows xp?

      • Vlad Irnov
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
          On Oct 4, 10:58 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
          > On Oct 5, 1:47 am, flebber <flebber.c...@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I am trying to use vim 7.3 with python 2.6 but it keeps complaining
          > > that python 2.7 is not available. I found this site showing gvim72
          > > builds with different builds for seperate python versions.
          >
          > > Why does vim build against a specific file type? And if it does how
          > > can I get gvim73 to work with python 2.6 on Windows xp?
          >
          > Edit I found this page.http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-
          > enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW
          >
          > However I can't build the files as there are no vim 7.3 lang files in
          > the extra ftp.http://ftp.vim.org/vim/extra/

          Hi,
          I am the author of that wiki tip. It needs to be updated for Vim 7.3.
          Extra files are no longer a separate download, everything is included
          in one archive.
          You just download Vim sources for PC from
          ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/vim73src.zip
          and you have everything to compile gvim.exe and vim.exe on Windows.

          You can also use ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/vim-7.3.tar.bz2

          Also, installer from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/files/
          (gVim one-click installer for Windows) has Vim compiled against Python
          2.6 according to latest release note.