Re: cscope for directory names with spaces

  • Sergey Khorev
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
      > Did not know about that, but I have a lot of functions invoked and written
      > like this. This gets me the feeling that cscope is really such a poor tool.

      Not going to discuss the usefulness of whitespaces in project names, I
      would say it is impossible to create proper C++ code parser without
      writing a considerable part of C++ compiler. This might be not the
      case for plain C, nevertheless most tools use some or another sort of
      heuristics instead of proper parsing.

      Usually I use exuberant ctags, cscope, and GNU GLOBAL alltogether. To
      use the latter within Vim, set csprg to gtags-cscope and do "cs add"
      for GTAGS file.