Re: Is there an autocmd for when buffer modified flag changed?

  • Aarto Matti
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
      On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Aarto Matti <aarto.matti@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I'm using MiniBufExplorer, and I want it's buffer to be updated whenever buffer's modified flag ([+] in statusline) gets changed, but I couldn't find an appropriate autocmd for it. There is FileChangedRO event, but why it's only for read-only files? So, I added this au to my .vimrc:

      autocmd! * * UMiniBufExplore

      I think it's far for an optimal solution as it reacts on every possible event, and in some case other than UMiniBufExplore call it may slowdown vim a lot. Any better way?

      Never mind, I used a combination of CursorMoved, CursorMovedI, BufWritePost and FileWritePost.

      --
      aarto

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2010
        On Sep 2, 3:17 am, Aarto Matti <aarto.ma...@...> wrote:
        > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Aarto Matti <aarto.ma...@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm using MiniBufExplorer, and I want it's buffer to be updated
        > > whenever buffer's modified flag ([+] in statusline) gets changed, but I
        > > couldn't find an appropriate autocmd for it. There is FileChangedRO event,
        > > but why it's only for read-only files? So, I added this au to my .vimrc:
        >

        > I used a combination of CursorMoved, CursorMovedI, BufWritePost
        > and FileWritePost.

        Personally, I'd use CursorHold and CursorHoldI. I'd store off the old
        value of &modified and compare it to the current value in these
        events. You could add the CursorMoved events too if you really wanted
        but I think that's not really necessary.