Re: RegEx help

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      This should do it.  Obviously I'm just doing a basic substitution so you can alter as you need to.

      s/"\(John\s\+Travolta\)"\s\+\(samuel\)\s\+\(jackson\)/\1\r\2\r\3/i

      ~Adam~

      On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:00, Kunal Bajpai <kunal.bajpai@...> wrote:
      The string is (including double quotes) - "John Travolta" Samuel
      Jackson

      I want RegEx that searches the above string and treats John Travolta
      (between quotes) as one string and Samuel & Jackson as the other 2
      string.

      Thus,
      String 1 = John Travolta
      String 2 = Samuel
      String 3 = Jackson

      Actually, I have to use the RegEx in a function where "space" is a
      delimiter and splits a string into sub-strings

      TIA
      Kunal