Re: Windows version with Python, Ruby and Lua support?

  • Jeri Raye
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 29 4:43 AM
      [snip]

      >> I'm also trying to use the command-t plugin.
      >> I have now the vim without cream but with ruby support.
      >> The plugin however does not work yet.
      >> I've contacted the writer of this plugin.
      >> He created an "error ticket"
      >>
      >> See for the progress the following:https://wincent.com/issues/1652
      >>
      >> Rgds,
      >> Jeri
      >
      > Thanks for the info Jeri,
      >
      > this is actually way more complicated than I expected! I've been able
      > to compile the plugin on my machine after installing Ruby 1.9.1 and
      > the corresponding SDK, but when I launch VIM it crashes! :-(
      >
      > Angel

      Angel,

      Yes, it's more complicated then I also expected it.
      I switched back to Ruby 1.8.7.
      Did install the development kit in the zip file.
      I also followed the instructions mentioned on that site (I beleive 5
      install steps)
      Although not all steps did work the first time, if you follow the steps,
      do it multiple time sometimes, I got it working.

      HTH
      Rgds,
      Jeri