Re: Run lgrep then immediately open Location list

  • BC
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2010
      On Aug 28, 3:50 pm, Britton Kerin <britton.ke...@...> wrote:

      > This command might work for you:
      >
      >      :command! -nargs=+ MyLgrep execute 'silent lgrep! <args>' | lopen 42

      That command looked so nifty that I thought adapting it to :helpgrep
      might work well:

      :command! -nargs=+ MyHelp execute 'silent lhelpgrep <args>' | lopen 6

      And to my amazement, it did.
      This is great because I hated having to open the location window
      myself every time I used helpgrep, and I had no idea how to change the
      default behavior.
      Thank you!
      Plowing through the help files is much more pleasant now. In fact, I
      wish something like that were the default behavior for :helpgrep. It
      just makes more sense, it seems to me, to let users choose from the
      results first, instead of jumping to the first file.