Open files without splitting with netrw

  • epanda
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
      Hi Charles,

      I am using netrw since last year but I have got 2 problems :

      1/ first one is that when I click on my remote ftp directory, netrw
      systematically split window to show the new buffer.

      I would like to replace existing buffer by the new one. One window
      only.

      2/ I have a rebond's cursor event that make opening a subdirectory and
      an picture in this subdirectory

      Thanks
      epanda

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
        epanda wrote:
        > Hi Charles,
        >
        > I am using netrw since last year but I have got 2 problems :
        >
        > 1/ first one is that when I click on my remote ftp directory, netrw
        > systematically split window to show the new buffer.
        >
        > I would like to replace existing buffer by the new one. One window
        > only.
        >
        > 2/ I have a rebond's cursor event that make opening a subdirectory and
        > an picture in this subdirectory

        Hello!

        The default behavior of netrw is to replace a netrw buffer with a new
        one (ie. not to split). So, have you set any netrw options, such as
        g:netrw_preview or g:netrw_browse_split?

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • epanda
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
          I have not set any option in my _vimrc.

          I have seen why. Can I remap left curso in order it does not open but
          just browse like enter key ?

          Second question :

          I want to use this functions that login me on my ftp:
          function! s:login()

          echo "login to ftp website is done"
          call NetUserPass("myftplogin","mypass")
          endfunc

          It seems it log me but when I call it throught a mapping it does not
          open my directory directly. I have to log again :
          amenu &Web.Explorer\ Distant.\ Explore.\ Photos :call
          <SID>login()<CR>:tabnew ftp://myftplogin@.../imgs/<CR>

        • Charles Campbell
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
            epanda wrote:
            > I have not set any option in my _vimrc.
            >
            > I have seen why. Can I remap left curso in order it does not open but
            > just browse like enter key ?
            >

            > Second question :
            >
            > I want to use this functions that login me on my ftp:
            > function! s:login()
            >
            > echo "login to ftp website is done"
            > call NetUserPass("myftplogin","mypass")
            > endfunc
            >

            > It seems it log me but when I call it throught a mapping it does not
            > open my directory directly. I have to log again :
            > amenu&Web.Explorer\ Distant.\ Explore.\ Photos :call
            > <SID>login()<CR>:tabnew ftp://myftplogin@.../imgs/<CR>

            NetUserPass is intended to let one change the userid and password (for
            example, if one has two accounts on an ftp server). So it isn't
            intended to actually open/browse a remote directory.

            You can call netrw#NetRead(2,'ftp://host/path') to browse a remote
            directory.

            By "left curso" do you mean the left arrow on your keyboard? I suppose

            map <left> <return>

            would do that.

            Regards,
            Chip Campbell

          • epanda
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
              On 16 août, 16:46, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
              wrote:
              > epanda wrote:
              > > I have not set any option in my _vimrc.
              >
              > > I have seen why. Can I remap left curso in order it does not open but
              > > just browse like enter key ?
              >
              > > Second question :
              >
              > > I want to use this functions that login me on my ftp:
              > > function! s:login()
              >
              > >    echo "login to ftp website is done"
              > >    call NetUserPass("myftplogin","mypass")
              > > endfunc
              >
              > > It seems it log me but when I call it throught a mapping it does not
              > > open my directory directly. I have to log again :
              > > amenu&Web.Explorer\ Distant.\ Explore.\ Photos             :call
              > > <SID>login()<CR>:tabnew ftp://myftplo...@.../imgs/<CR>
              >
              > NetUserPass is intended to let one change the userid and password (for
              > example, if one has two accounts on an ftp server).  So it isn't
              > intended to actually open/browse a remote directory.
              >
              > You can call netrw#NetRead(2,'ftp://host/path') to browse a remote
              > directory.
              >
              > By "left curso" do you mean the left arrow on your keyboard?  I suppose
              >
              >   map <left> <return>
              >
              > would do that.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Chip Campbell

              I just want to avoid to type password each time I need to access to my
              ftp

              Actually, if I click on left-mouse, it does not do the same thing that
              <cr>, while cr is browsing well, left-mouse is equivalent to multiple
              <cr>
              and open picture in two subdirectories.

              Thank you charles for help

            • Charles Campbell
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2013
                epanda wrote:

                > On 16 aoűt, 16:46, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
                > wrote:
                >> epanda wrote:
                >>> I have not set any option in my _vimrc.
                >>> I have seen why. Can I remap left curso in order it does not open but
                >>> just browse like enter key ?
                >>> Second question :
                >>> I want to use this functions that login me on my ftp:
                >>> function! s:login()
                >>> echo "login to ftp website is done"
                >>> call NetUserPass("myftplogin","mypass")
                >>> endfunc
                >>> It seems it log me but when I call it throught a mapping it does not
                >>> open my directory directly. I have to log again :
                >>> amenu&Web.Explorer\ Distant.\ Explore.\ Photos :call
                >>> <SID>login()<CR>:tabnew ftp://myftplo...@.../imgs/<CR>
                >> NetUserPass is intended to let one change the userid and password (for
                >> example, if one has two accounts on an ftp server). So it isn't
                >> intended to actually open/browse a remote directory.
                >>
                >> You can call netrw#NetRead(2,'ftp://host/path') to browse a remote
                >> directory.
                >>
                >> By "left curso" do you mean the left arrow on your keyboard? I suppose
                >>
                >> map <left> <return>
                >>
                >> would do that.
                >>
                >> Regards,
                >> Chip Campbell
                >
                > I just want to avoid to type password each time I need to access to my
                > ftp
                >
                > Actually, if I click on left-mouse, it does not do the same thing that
                > <cr>, while cr is browsing well, left-mouse is equivalent to multiple
                > <cr>
                > and open picture in two subdirectories.

                I've been combing through old email and I'm not sure that this problem
                has been replied to. Between using different machines, upgrades, and
                whatnot, it may have been replied to already.

                Anyway, to avoid typing passwords for each ftp under windows, see :help
                netrw-start (or use .netrc if you're using Linux). With netrw v149f
                (http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW) (actually
                earlier, but v149f has it, too), multiple files with .ftp extensions can
                hold your userid and password for different machines.

                Regards,
                Chip Campbell