How could I get the result of ":make" command in vimscript?

  • H Xu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2010
      Hello,

      How could I get the result of ":make" command in vimscript?
      I have tried v:shell_error but it is the exit code of "tee".
      Thank you!

      Regards,
      Hong Xu
      2010/8/6

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2010
        Hi Hong Xu

        > How could I get the result of ":make" command in vimscript?
        > I have tried v:shell_error but it is the exit code of "tee".
        > Thank you!
        Run it using system() ?

        Maybe its more reliable to check for errors in getqflist()?

        If provide more info about your particular use case I'm sure someone
        will provide a solution for you.

        Marc Weber