Re: How could I show the line by indent as in notepad++?

  • H Xu
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010
      On 08/01/2010 04:54 AM, Maxim Kim wrote:
      >> 'colorcolumn' option depends on the value of textwidth, and can only
      >> highlight one
      >> column. Is there any other method? Thank you.
      >>
      > try
      > :set colorcolumn=4,8,12,16

      Hello,

      However, this highlight a whole column not part of the column. Is that
      possible to
      highlight part of the column?

      Regards,
      H Xu
      08/01/2010

    • Vlad Irnov
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2010
        On Jul 19, 11:32 pm, H Xu <xusu...@...> wrote:
        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > In notepad++, when editing c/c++ or java source files, there are
        > vertical lines clearly shows the indent of the file.
        >
        > How could I show the lines in vim?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Hong Xu
        > 2010/7/20

        See this thread
        http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/4781a71696eae6e8
        The solution depends on whether you indent with tabs or spaces.