About the lua interface feature

  • winterTTr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2010
      Lua is really a embedded language with a good efficiency, and
      the lua running environment is small enough to be embedded
      in vim executive file.So i am a litter curious about that the lua
       interface will embed the whole lua "virtual machine"
       ( i am not very if i can call it with this words )
      into the vim executive file? Or just like python which need a
      python dll/so to run this interface?

      I mean if i compile the vim with +lua, whether can I use lua interface
       directly in a non-lua-installed environment?
      # for python, i can just use the :py with a python installed environment.