How to list all C function name in vim

  • robert song
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi, everyone.

      Is there any plugin to list all C function name of a C file in Quickfix list,
      also with the glocal and local variables. It's helpful to get a
      general view of the file.

      Best Regards,
      robert

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hi Robert.

        Excerpts from robert song's message of Fri Jul 02 03:35:24 +0200 2010:
        > Hi, everyone.
        >
        > Is there any plugin to list all C function name of a C file in Quickfix list,
        > also with the glocal and local variables. It's helpful to get a
        > general view of the file.
        No. AFAIK not.

        However there are (maybe even better) alterantives:

        tlist plugin. Or the TToc plugin (vim plugin library tlib).

        Marc Weber

      • robert song
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hi, marc,

          > However there are (maybe even better) alterantives:
          >
          > tlist plugin. Or the TToc plugin (vim plugin library tlib).

          Nice, I tried tlist, and variable and function can be listed.

          Best Regards,
          robert

        • Javier Rojas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
            On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:35:24AM +0900, robert song wrote:
            > Hi, everyone.
            >
            > Is there any plugin to list all C function name of a C file in Quickfix list,
            > also with the glocal and local variables. It's helpful to get a
            > general view of the file.

            you might like the folding feature. Read about it here

            :help usr_28

            and in this case, you want folding by syntax, which works out of the box
            with c/c++ files. See

            :help 28.7

            to get folding on your C/C++ file, do a

            :set foldmethod=syntax

            on the file

            --
            Javier Rojas

            GPG Key ID: 0x24E00D68
          • Christian Brabandt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2010
              Hi Javier!

              On Fr, 02 Jul 2010, Javier Rojas wrote:

              > On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:35:24AM +0900, robert song wrote:
              > > Hi, everyone.
              > >
              > > Is there any plugin to list all C function name of a C file in Quickfix list,
              > > also with the glocal and local variables. It's helpful to get a
              > > general view of the file.
              >
              > you might like the folding feature.

              you could also use vimgrep, e.g. for the vim source, I use something
              like this:

              :vimgrep /^\w\+\ze(/j %

              or you could use an even fancier method by filling the quickfix list or
              location list window using setqflist() or setloclist() function
              manually. But this would require a little bit scripting and probably
              isn't worth the trouble.

              Mit freundlichen Grüßen
              Christian
              --
              Viele Gedenkminuten hätten durch Denkminuten verhindert werden können.
              -- Hoimar von Ditfurth