Re: Analog to SHIFT+Asterisk

  • BC
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
      On Jun 30, 6:29 pm, Hoss <todd.fr...@...> wrote:

      > (I know I can just shift+N afterwards, to get back where I was.
      > Something more elegant?)

      Shift+N may be inelegant (why? I don't understand that) but I don't
      see what would be wrong with a simple mapping like this:

      :map A *N

      Doesn't that do what you described?

      - BC

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
        On 2010-07-01, BC wrote:
        > On Jun 30, 6:29 pm, Hoss <todd.fr...@...> wrote:
        >

        > > (I know I can just shift+N afterwards, to get back where I was.
        > > Something more elegant?)
        >

        > Shift+N may be inelegant (why? I don't understand that) but I don't
        > see what would be wrong with a simple mapping like this:
        >
        > :map A *N
        >
        > Doesn't that do what you described?

        No. The window's location in the buffer may change, which is
        visually jarring. The cursor's position may change, too, if it
        wasn't originally on the first character of the word, but that's
        usually not as noticeable.

        Regards,
        Gary