Re: Feature Request...

  • Fuzzy Logic
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Even more importantly, don't send a message with absolutely no context
      for what you are replying to.

      2010/7/1 永远的冰点 <design163@...>:
      > Do not top-post!

    • bill lam
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Чтв, 01 Июл 2010, Fuzzy Logic писал(а):
        > Even more importantly, don't send a message with absolutely no context
        > for what you are replying to.
        >
        > 2010/7/1 永远的冰点 <design163@...>:
        > Do not top-post!
        1-10
        Apparently he can foretell the respondent will top post.

        --
        regards,
        GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24

      • Fuzzy Logic
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
          On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM, bill lam <cbill.lam@...> wrote:
          > Чтв, 01 Июл 2010, Fuzzy Logic писал(а):
          >> Even more importantly, don't send a message with absolutely no context
          >> for what you are replying to.
          >>
          >> 2010/7/1 永远的冰点 <design163@...>:
          >> Do not top-post!
          >                                                                                                            1-10
          > Apparently he can foretell the respondent will top post.

          Or the respondent was purposely responding in that way to add a bit of
          humor to the message.

          I've had this discussion before. Bottom post and top post are equally
          good, as long as the message is trimmed properly. I know some of the
          people on this list view it as a holy war, but it doesn't really
          matter as long as the message gets through and is understandable.

          Fuzzy

        • Daniel D Jones
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
            On Friday, July 02, 2010 11:59:08 Fuzzy Logic wrote:
            > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM, bill lam <cbill.lam@...> wrote:

            > I've had this discussion before. Bottom post and top post are equally
            > good, as long as the message is trimmed properly. I know some of the
            > people on this list view it as a holy war, but it doesn't really
            > matter as long as the message gets through and is understandable.

            I agree that both have advantages. I disagree that they're interchangeable.
            Top posting is useful (and thus the norm) in a business environment where it's
            often important to maintain the entire record of communications and where
            conversations tend to be a sequential chain of comments. Bottom posting is
            much more appropriate for an environment like this where the conversation
            tends to be interleaved, with responses directed to individual parts of the
            email.

            --
            "The hypocrite's crime is that he bears false witness against himself. What
            makes it so plausible to assume that hypocrisy is the vice of vices is that