Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: include option

Expand Messages
  • Gary Johnson
    ... include=^(include|include_once) Note that your backslashes are no longer there, having been removed when :set include=^ (include |include_once ) was
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:
      > I'm trying to make vim look inside php include files. A php include
      > statement can be:
      >
      > include 'file.php'
      >
      > OR
      >
      > include_once 'file.php'
      >
      > It works if I do:
      >
      > set include=^include
      >
      > OR
      >
      > include=^include_once
      >
      > But I can't seem to do recognize both. This doesn't work:
      >
      > set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
      >
      > Thanks!

      :set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
      :set include?
      include=^(include|include_once)

      Note that your backslashes are no longer there, having been removed
      when ":set include=^\(include\|include_once\)" was executed. Just
      add another level of backslashes to protect those in the argument to
      :set.

      :set include=^\\(include\\|include_once\\)

      Regards,
      Gary

      --
      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
    • surge
      Just tried it, no luck. I did: set include=^ (include_once |include ) Any idea now? ... -- You received this message from the vim_use maillist. Do not
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        Just tried it, no luck.

        I did: set include=^\\(include_once\\|include\\)

        Any idea now?

        On Jul 1, 12:40 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@...> wrote:
        > On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:
        > > I'm trying to make vim look inside php include files. A php include
        > > statement can be:
        >
        > > include 'file.php'
        >
        > > OR
        >
        > > include_once 'file.php'
        >
        > > It works if I do:
        >
        > > set  include=^include
        >
        > > OR
        >
        > > include=^include_once
        >
        > > But I can't seem to do recognize both. This doesn't work:
        >
        > > set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
        >
        > > Thanks!
        >
        >     :set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
        >     :set include?
        >       include=^(include|include_once)
        >
        > Note that your backslashes are no longer there, having been removed
        > when ":set include=^\(include\|include_once\)" was executed.  Just
        > add another level of backslashes to protect those in the argument to
        > :set.
        >
        >     :set include=^\\(include\\|include_once\\)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Gary

        --
        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      • Gary Johnson
        ... Sorry. I didn t have any PHP files to test that on. I grep d through $VIMRUNTIME looking for examples of setting include and found this one in
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:

          > On Jul 1, 12:40 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@...> wrote:
          > > On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:
          > > > I'm trying to make vim look inside php include files. A php include
          > > > statement can be:
          > >
          > > > include 'file.php'
          > >
          > > > OR
          > >
          > > > include_once 'file.php'
          > >
          > > > It works if I do:
          > >
          > > > set  include=^include
          > >
          > > > OR
          > >
          > > > include=^include_once
          > >
          > > > But I can't seem to do recognize both. This doesn't work:
          > >
          > > > set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
          > >
          > > > Thanks!
          > >
          > >     :set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
          > >     :set include?
          > >       include=^(include|include_once)
          > >
          > > Note that your backslashes are no longer there, having been removed
          > > when ":set include=^\(include\|include_once\)" was executed.  Just
          > > add another level of backslashes to protect those in the argument to
          > > :set.
          > >
          > >     :set include=^\\(include\\|include_once\\)

          > Just tried it, no luck.
          >
          > I did: set include=^\\(include_once\\|include\\)
          >
          > Any idea now?

          Sorry. I didn't have any PHP files to test that on.

          I grep'd through $VIMRUNTIME looking for examples of setting
          'include' and found this one in $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/php.vim:

          setlocal include=\\\(require\\\|include\\\)\\\(_once\\\)\\\?

          Try that. Alternatively, you could enable filetype plugins, which
          would automatically give you that setting plus others you might find
          useful. See

          :help filetype-plugin-on

          Also, the convention on this list is to add one's comments to the
          bottom of a reply, not at the top.

          Regards,
          Gary

          --
          You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        • surge
          That worked. To tell you the truth, Google s message format is a bit confusing to me. I never took the time to understand what they are doing. Gmail, though a
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            That worked.

            To tell you the truth, Google's message format is a bit confusing to
            me. I never took the time to understand what they are doing. Gmail,
            though a nice app, confuses the heck out of me. I hope I did the
            comments right. Let me know if not.

            Thanks for the tips -- bit time!

            On Jul 1, 3:05 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@...> wrote:
            > On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:
            > > On Jul 1, 12:40 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@...> wrote:
            > > > On 2010-07-01, surge wrote:
            > > > > I'm trying to make vim look inside php include files. A php include
            > > > > statement can be:
            >
            > > > > include 'file.php'
            >
            > > > > OR
            >
            > > > > include_once 'file.php'
            >
            > > > > It works if I do:
            >
            > > > > set include=^include
            >
            > > > > OR
            >
            > > > > include=^include_once
            >
            > > > > But I can't seem to do recognize both. This doesn't work:
            >
            > > > > set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
            >
            > > > > Thanks!
            >
            > > > :set include=^\(include\|include_once\)
            > > > :set include?
            > > > include=^(include|include_once)
            >
            > > > Note that your backslashes are no longer there, having been removed
            > > > when ":set include=^\(include\|include_once\)" was executed. Just
            > > > add another level of backslashes to protect those in the argument to
            > > > :set.
            >
            > > > :set include=^\\(include\\|include_once\\)
            > > Just tried it, no luck.
            >
            > > I did: set include=^\\(include_once\\|include\\)
            >
            > > Any idea now?
            >
            > Sorry.  I didn't have any PHP files to test that on.
            >
            > I grep'd through $VIMRUNTIME looking for examples of setting
            > 'include' and found this one in $VIMRUNTIME/ftplugin/php.vim:
            >
            >     setlocal include=\\\(require\\\|include\\\)\\\(_once\\\)\\\?
            >
            > Try that.  Alternatively, you could enable filetype plugins, which
            > would automatically give you that setting plus others you might find
            > useful.  See
            >
            >     :help filetype-plugin-on
            >
            > Also, the convention on this list is to add one's comments to the
            > bottom of a reply, not at the top.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Gary

            --
            You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.