Re: Analog to SHIFT+Asterisk

  • Hoss
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
      Great. Exactly what I was looking for.

    • BC
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
        On Jun 30, 6:29 pm, Hoss <todd.fr...@...> wrote:

        > (I know I can just shift+N afterwards, to get back where I was.
        > Something more elegant?)

        Shift+N may be inelegant (why? I don't understand that) but I don't
        see what would be wrong with a simple mapping like this:

        :map A *N

        Doesn't that do what you described?

        - BC

      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
          On 2010-07-01, BC wrote:
          > On Jun 30, 6:29 pm, Hoss <todd.fr...@...> wrote:
          >

          > > (I know I can just shift+N afterwards, to get back where I was.
          > > Something more elegant?)
          >

          > Shift+N may be inelegant (why? I don't understand that) but I don't
          > see what would be wrong with a simple mapping like this:
          >
          > :map A *N
          >
          > Doesn't that do what you described?

          No. The window's location in the buffer may change, which is
          visually jarring. The cursor's position may change, too, if it
          wasn't originally on the first character of the word, but that's
          usually not as noticeable.

          Regards,
          Gary