Daily Vim Devotional

  • nlloyds
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
      Some of my Vim-using colleagues at cramerdev.com and myself just
      created http://dailyvim.tumblr.com/, for a daily Vim tip. Check it
      out!

      Nathan

    • Benjamin R. Haskell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
        On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, nlloyds wrote:

        > Some of my Vim-using colleagues at cramerdev.com and myself just
        > created http://dailyvim.tumblr.com/, for a daily Vim tip. Check it
        > out!

        Cool.

        I signed up for a Tumblr account (finally), because I wanted to post a
        response. Do you have to enable it for a given [tumblr-noun] (==
        feed?). The 'Customize' page[1] has some reply options under the
        'Community' tab. Maybe it just takes some amount of time to show up?

        E.g. I reblogged your '~ (tilde)' post[2], adding the fact that
        linewise-visual makes the 'holding-down-~' portion unneccesary.

        --
        Best,
        Ben

        [1] http://www.tumblr.com/customize
        [2] http://benizi.tumblr.com/post/754614794/tilde

      • nlloyds
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
          Ben,

          On Jun 30, 2:14 pm, "Benjamin R. Haskell" <v...@...> wrote:
          > I signed up for a Tumblr account (finally), because I wanted to post a
          > response.  Do you have to enable it for a given [tumblr-noun] (==
          > feed?).  The 'Customize' page[1] has some reply options under the
          > 'Community' tab.  Maybe it just takes some amount of time to show up?

          I couldn't figure that out either.

          > E.g. I reblogged your '~ (tilde)' post[2], adding the fact that
          > linewise-visual makes the 'holding-down-~' portion unneccesary.

          Excellent. I kind of skipped that since there hasn't been a post on
          visual mode yet, and in the posts I make (~ & | so far) I'm trying to
          make it something I don't know yet usually.

          Nathan