Re: filereadable() while using cygwin shell in gVim

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24 4:16 PM
      On 13/04/10 22:11, esquifit wrote:
      [...]
      > Yes, you're right. I first expected being able to pass the same string
      > representing a file path to functions like filereadable() and
      > system(), but I now understand that both functions are actually
      > different creatures.
      >
      > As for how to compile vim in cygwing, thanks to both you and pansz for
      > the suggestion and offered support. I'm also reluctant to install gcc
      > and a bunch of other programs and libraries only for this. My computer
      > is provided by my employer and I want to keep "non-compliant" software
      > to a minimum, with deviations only where this means a clear
      > productivity gain. So, it is not only the time factor what prevents me
      > from doing it.
      >
      > Thanks also for the hint about posting at the bottom, I should have
      > noticed it by myself.
      >
      > cheers
      > e.

      You might be interested in the cygpath program. In Cygwin, use

      man cygpath

      after making sure that the program is installed.

      The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf
      has. Even when you make a tax form out on the level, you don't know
      when it's through if you are a crook or a martyr.
      -- Will Rogers