Question to Ruby users

  • Ciss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2010
      Hello everyone.

      Does anybody need a more lovely api to write vim extensions via ruby
      language?
      Or this is bad idea to improve vimscript-ruby api?

      I start to write this staff, and it seems what i will make much like
      getting args and eval this via VIM::command;

      example:

      def bind_function(key,function)
      VIM::command("map <expr> #{key} RubyMethod(\"#{function.to_s}\")")
      end

      def fu_test()
      vim_print("Hello from ruby api!")
      end

      bind "mm", :fu_test

      So, when i start to write this api i think this will be more funny but
      now i understand... :)

      Anybody interesting in this Ruby-Vim-Improve-Api? Or this is unusefull
      work?

    • Etienne Vallette d'Osia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
        On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Ciss <pechorin.andrey@...> wrote:
        Hello everyone.

        Does anybody need a more lovely api to write vim extensions via ruby
        language?
        Or this is bad idea to improve vimscript-ruby api?

        I start to write this staff, and it seems what i will make much like
        getting args and eval this via VIM::command;

        example:

        def bind_function(key,function)
         VIM::command("map <expr> #{key} RubyMethod(\"#{function.to_s}\")")
        end

        def fu_test()
         vim_print("Hello from ruby api!")
        end

        bind "mm", :fu_test

        So, when i start to write this api i think this will be more funny but
        now i understand... :)

        Anybody interesting in this Ruby-Vim-Improve-Api? Or this is unusefull
        work?

        Hello,

        I love this idea !!!

        I don't know vimscript but I'm a rubist,
        and I would be more than happy if I could help you.

        Etienne Vallette d'Osia