Re: Question about conceal feature and possible bug

  • Dominique Pellé
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2010
      Vince Negri wrote:

      > On Jun 7, 8:31 pm, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@...> wrote:
      >> The current line is not concealed, which I assume is
      >> expected to be able to edit the line but I can't find the
      >> documentation for the expected behavior. Several motion
      >> commands in normal mode such as  j  k  gg  G  make sure
      >> that the current line is non-concealed.  However, several
      >> other motion commands do not do that:  gj  gk  {  }...
      >> It looks like a bug.
      >>

      >> Try now to move the cursor with other commands such as
      >> gj  gk  {number}%  {  }  and observe that they do not update
      >> the concealed/unconcealed state of the current line.
      >
      > The current cursor line should always be unconcealed (try CTRL-L to
      > force a redraw), so this is very probably a bug. I'll look into it.
      > Thanks for the report!
      >
      > Vince

      Thanks Vince for the answer. I see that the fix is already
      in the vim73 branch now (2254:9ea6208610ec) for normal
      commands gj gk { } {number}%

      I see a few other motion commands which still cause the
      current line to be displayed concealed (whereas it should be
      displayed unconcealed):

      In normal mode:

      )
      ]]
      <PageUp>
      <PageDown>
      CTRL-F
      CTRL-B
      CTRL-U
      CTRL-E (when cursor is on the top line, causing scrolling)
      CTRL-Y (when cursor is on the bottom line, causing scrolling)
      CTRL-O
      CTRL-I
      [count]go
      [count]g;

      In Ex mode:

      :[range]
      :go [count]

      In any case, pressing CTRL-L (redraw) makes it look OK

      Cheers
      -- Dominique