Strategies to build system libs tags with ctags

  • Pablo Giménez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      Hi all.
      I am using the excellent taglist plugin to add tagssupport to my vim environment.
      I want to add not only the tags for my files but the tags for the system libraries.
      For instance I want to have a ctags file with all the system python libraries.
      And then when I open a python file add this tag file.
      My question is if people use some special settings to build such a big tags file, are there options to improve  searchs in the file?
      Also what is the best way to integrate it with the taglist plugin???
      My initial idea is just to have an autocommand to set the tags option:
      set += myPythonTags.ctags
      Is people using this approach or different ones?

      thanks
      --
      Un saludo
      Best Regards