Code changes highlight

  • Aarto Matti
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
      Hello,

      Does any body know if there exists a plugin to highlight code changes.
      I know at least two IDEs with that feature, few links:

      http://blog.eveningcreek.com/?p=151
      http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/33453#6PersonalDeveloperProductivity

      Usually it works so, highlight new lines with green, modified with
      yellow. In vim it could actually look just like that (screenshot from
      vim-complexity for python):

      http://blog.extracheese.org/2009/10/vim_complexity.png

      --
      Aarto

    • Pedro Henrique Linhares
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
        Have you tried vimdiff?

        --
        Att,

        Pedro Henrique Linhares.

      • Eric Calvayrac
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
          You can use the vim command :DiffOrig ( see :help DiffOrig ).
          It's not exactly what you want, but it may suit your needs.
          It seems that if ou continue typing, you need to execute :diffupdate to refresh colors

          Eric

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
            Am 09.04.2010 13:48, schrieb Aarto Matti:
            > Hello,
            >
            > Does any body know if there exists a plugin to highlight code changes.
            > I know at least two IDEs with that feature, few links:
            >
            > http://blog.eveningcreek.com/?p=151
            > http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/33453#6PersonalDeveloperProductivity
            >
            > Usually it works so, highlight new lines with green, modified with
            > yellow. In vim it could actually look just like that (screenshot from
            > vim-complexity for python):
            >
            > http://blog.extracheese.org/2009/10/vim_complexity.png

            I only know it's mentioned on the "Voting results" page:

            http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php

            7 [...] add an indication what text was changed since editing started (change bar or diff)

            --
            Andy

          • Jeff Lanzarotta
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
              You could give the script http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2496 a try...

              I have been using it for some time now and it works pretty well.

              -Jeff

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
                On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Pedro Henrique Linhares
                <pedrolmota@...> wrote:
                > Have you tried vimdiff?

                I have, but I would like to see a live update while typing :P

              • Ben Fritz
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
                  On Apr 9, 9:21 am, Eric Calvayrac <ecalvay...@...> wrote:
                  > You can use the vim command :DiffOrig ( see :help DiffOrig ).
                  > It's not exactly what you want, but it may suit your needs.
                  > It seems that if ou continue typing, you need to execute :diffupdate to refresh colors

                  This is especially nice if you open a new tab for the "diff view". We
                  mention this in the current featured tip on the wiki:

                  http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_tips_for_using_tab_pages

                  Also, Eric and others in this thread: please bottom post to this list.

                • Aarto Matti
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 9, 2010
                    On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Jeff Lanzarotta <delux256-vim@...> wrote:
                    > You could give the script
                    > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2496 a try...
                    >
                    > I have been using it for some time now and it works pretty well.

                    Thanks, a good one. Doesn't work in Windows but I will try to figure out why.

                    --
                    Aarto

                  • Christian Brabandt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 10, 2010
                      Hi Aarto!

                      On Fr, 09 Apr 2010, Aarto Matti wrote:

                      > Does any body know if there exists a plugin to highlight code changes.
                      > I know at least two IDEs with that feature, few links:
                      >
                      > http://blog.eveningcreek.com/?p=151
                      > http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/33453#6PersonalDeveloperProductivity
                      >
                      > Usually it works so, highlight new lines with green, modified with
                      > yellow. In vim it could actually look just like that (screenshot from
                      > vim-complexity for python):
                      >
                      > http://blog.extracheese.org/2009/10/vim_complexity.png

                      Hm, I see, someone mentioned already a different plugin, but anyhow,
                      attached is one I just created.

                      regards,
                      Christian

                    • Aarto Matti
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 10, 2010
                        > Hm, I see, someone mentioned already a different plugin, but anyhow,
                        > attached is one I just created.
                        >
                        > regards,
                        > Christian

                        Hello Christian,