Re: Moving to start of a block - question

  • Yakov
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 12:12 AM
      On Apr 2, 8:37 am, Rajesh Kannan <krajeshku...@...> wrote:
      > G'Day!
      >
      > Say I have the following code:
      >
      > L#
      > 1  void main()
      > 2  {
      > 3    fun1()
      > 4  }
      > 5
      > 6  void fun1(){
      > 7  ...
      > 8  }
      >
      > If at L3 I type '[[' (without quotes) in command mode then vim takes
      > the cursor to L2.
      > If at L7 I type '[[' (without quotes) in command mode then vim takes
      > the cursor to L2. Should it not take me to L6 instead? Can anyone
      > suggest what setting would make vim work like latter?

      Do you want to jump to th beginning of *current function*, or
      tothebeginning of current *block* ? Example:

      int foo() // enclosing function
      {
      if(...) { //enclosing block
      <- you are here
      }
      }

      ?

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 5:02 AM
        Tony wrote:

        > On 02/04/10 23:54, Dennis German wrote:
        > >
        > > On Apr 2, 2010, at 5:30 PM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        > [...]
        >
        > Apparently the "remove me" trick didn't work this time. AFAICT dgermang
        > -at- Real-World-Systems.com is not subscribed to vim_use. I suppose that
        > either a different "From" address was used than the one to which list
        > mail is sent, or that this user was removed some other way (manual
        > action by a list Manager, user found
        > http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and unsubscribed there, ...).

        There are two spaces between "remove" and "me"...

        --
        "I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they
        make as they go flying by."