Re: full file path

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      pixelterra wrote:
      > I would like to show the full file path and name for every
      > file I edit somewhere on the screen. I can't find how to do
      > this, but I know a couple of years ago I solved this problem
      > and have since lost the syntax for how to do this.

      Sounds like you're hunting the 'statusline' option:

      :help 'statusline'
      :set stl=%{expand('%:p')}%r%h%w

      I'm not sure why, when I used "%F%t%r%h%w" in the help for
      options.txt, it gave me "options.txtoptions.txt[RO][Help]"
      instead of "/usr/share/vim/vim72/doc/options.txt[RO][Help]" The
      help clearly states the "%F" is the "[f]ull path to the file in
      the buffer" but it didn't give me the full path (":pwd" gave me
      the expected "/home/tim"). The help on 'stl' gives you all sorts
      of tweaks you can make to your status line.

      -tim

    • pixelterra
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        thanks for pointing me in the right direction. As it turns out, the
        statusline does what I want by default. It just doesn't show by
        default, so I had to set laststatus=2. Maybe I'll add some tweeks too,
        now that I can : )