Re: How to remember end of line when quitting/reopening in insert mode

  • Jean Johner
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 1, 2010
      On March 31, 10:39 pm, Andy Wokula<anw...@...> wrote:

      >> NB: Your code works when "set insertmode" is present in .vimrc (as a
      >> special case gvim -y).
      >> It does not work when "startinsert" is used instead (which has the
      >> advantage of keeping the Esc key).
      >>
      >> Could you cure that?

      > Easily, but you need to set a variable.

      > " in the vimrc:
      > let g:lastpos_startinsert = 1
      > startinsert

      Hi Andy,
      I did that and installed your new plugin (private attachment). It
      works perfectly. Thanks.

      May be you could send the new plugin to vim_use.

      Best regards
      Jean

    • JOHNER Jean 066030
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 9, 2010
        On April 8, Andy Wokula wrote:

        > See attachment for a new approach (lastpos v0.6).
        > (doesn't need announcement for Insert mode)

        Please find attached Andy's new miracle plugin.

        Works with either "set insertmode" or "startinsert" in .vimrc.
        Works when switching between buffers (with <C-\><C-O>:bp<CR>).
        Works when leaving insert mode.
        No workarounds required.
        A must!

        Best regards