Some text formatting questions

  • Jostein Berntsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      When I write some text in vim and enter each item preceded by "-" like:

      - text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
      text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
      text text

      the lines from the third is not intended. Is there a way to correct
      this?

      Also if I edit text already written with backspace, then the text that
      is left get one extra whitespace. Is there a setting for this?

      Jostein

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        On 2010-04-01, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
        > When I write some text in vim and enter each item preceded by "-" like:
        >
        > - text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
        > text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
        > text text
        >
        > the lines from the third is not intended. Is there a way to correct
        > this?

        In your ~/.vimrc or _vimrc put

        set ai

        > Also if I edit text already written with backspace, then the text that
        > is left get one extra whitespace. Is there a setting for this?

        I don't understand. Can you give an example?

        Regards,
        Gary