Re: How to remember end of line when quitting/reopening in insert mode

  • Jean Johner
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 31, 2010
      On Mar 31, 1:01 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
      wrote:

      >so Christian's observations leave
      > me baffled.

      Please find below a reproduceable situation where help side-effects of
      Andy's code appear:

      Use vimrc_example.vim completed with Andy's code as .vimrc
      Go to home directory
      rm .viminfo (DON'T FORGET)
      gvim file1
      :set insertmode
      CTRL-O :h zR

      Result: the help window opens at the beginning of fold.txt (not the
      correct place)

      If :set insertmode is not typed, the problem does not occur.

      Do you reproduce that?

      Best regards
      Jean Johner

    • JOHNER Jean 066030
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 9 12:38 AM
        On April 8, Andy Wokula wrote:

        > See attachment for a new approach (lastpos v0.6).
        > (doesn't need announcement for Insert mode)

        Please find attached Andy's new miracle plugin.

        Works with either "set insertmode" or "startinsert" in .vimrc.
        Works when switching between buffers (with <C-\><C-O>:bp<CR>).
        Works when leaving insert mode.
        No workarounds required.
        A must!

        Best regards