How to remember end of line when quitting/reopening in insert mode

  • Jean Johner
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 22, 2010
      Hello,
      Please launch gvim easy (using vimrc_example.vim as .vimrc)
      gvim -y file1
      Put the cursor (|) at the end of line 10
      Quit
      Reopen by gvim -y file1
      Result: The cursor is not at the end of line 10.
      Is there a solution?

      Best regards
      Jean Johner

    • JOHNER Jean 066030
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 9, 2010
        On April 8, Andy Wokula wrote:

        > See attachment for a new approach (lastpos v0.6).
        > (doesn't need announcement for Insert mode)

        Please find attached Andy's new miracle plugin.

        Works with either "set insertmode" or "startinsert" in .vimrc.
        Works when switching between buffers (with <C-\><C-O>:bp<CR>).
        Works when leaving insert mode.
        No workarounds required.
        A must!

        Best regards