Re: vim client/server feature

  • Marc Weber
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2010
      There is the help file.

      The client server feature means you can sent commands to a running vim
      instance. Such a command can be "Open a file" but it can also be
      'debugger execution line is file-x.ext line 20'..

      I use it in my vim-addon-background plugin. I launch a background
      /bin/sh process which call back into Vim this way telling it that a make
      or grep command has finished.

      Marc Weber