Re: how to check path / extension /session variable?

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
      Hi rameo!

      On Mo, 08 Mär 2010, rameo wrote:

      > Thank you Christian,
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > Do you know also how to check the actual session variable name?

      I don't understand this question. I don't use sessions. Are you looking
      for v:this_session variable by any chance?
      (:h v:this_session)

      > On Mar 8, 5:41 pm, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@...> wrote:
      > > :set lpl?
      >
      > to search is
      > if has("lpl") ?

      I am not sure what you mean with searching. If you want to know, whether
      your vim session has enabled plugins, you can simply query the setting
      loadplugin. You do this by issuing
      :set lpl?
      or
      :set loadplugins?
      (including the question mark) in the vim command line mode. If plugins
      are enabled you get the output "loadplugins" and if they are disabled
      (e.g. by starting vim with the --noplugin parameter, but you could also
      set it manually in your .vimrc though I am not sure, if this would be in
      effect after loading the plugins) you get "noloadplugins" as output.

      > btw... where did you learn all this ;)
      >
      > I can't find anything about it online.

      reading this list and especially reading the help. And of course
      curiosity to try interesting things out.

      > Is vimscript a variant of vbscript?

      Don't think so. It is a scripting language that consists mainly of the
      normal ex commands including some control structures and functions that
      seem mainly influenced by Perl or Python. Read more about it at :h
      eval.txt

      You see, reading the help is all you need. Almost everything is
      mentioned there. The only problem is finding the needle in the haystack
      ;) But that is where you can use :helpgrep (see :h :helpgrep).

      Tony posts sometimes a really interesting summary on how to use the
      help. It is probably in the list archives somewhere, though there is
      hardly any topic, that is not answered by him. I am not that good at
      posting howtos/summaries, so my answers are usually rather short.

      regards,
      Christian