Re: fixed VIM layout

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 8:16 AM
      On Mar 6, 10:42 am, rameo <rai...@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm searching to find out how to have a fixed layout in VIM:
      >
      > at the left side winmanager (or another explorer) and
      > below a buffermanager (p.e. mini bufferexplorer or bufferexplorer),
      >
      > all with a fixed layout and visible in every tab

      For all these, you can figure out a command sequence to get exactly
      the layout you want, and use an appropriate autocmd (probably VimEnter
      and TabEnter, both, combined with some sort of variable to tell you
      whether you have already done the layout for this tab). For fixed
      layout, see the 'winfixheight' and 'winfixwidth' options.

      > and without the possibility:
      > - to edit them (p.e. loading another buffer inside).
      > - to remove them clicking on :close :w :q
      >   (the only possibility to remove them is by shortcut key)

      I think THIS portion is a pretty terrible idea. If you find a way to
      succeed, you will only end up limiting your self. Probably you will
      end up annoying yourself in the process, by breaking things like
      quitting Vim. Autocmds would be the way to go again, but I really,
      really think you should reconsider. Why do you want this?

      If you find yourself often accidentally executing a command on the
      "wrong" window, then you can either learn to avoid this, or find some
      other way around it. CTRL-^ (or just CTRL-6 on most keyboards) should
      restore the buffer if you accidentally load a new one in it. If you
      accidentally close it, it can be re-opened with a simple command.