Is modeless-selection possible with active mouse

  • Jean Johner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 8:32 AM
      Hello,
      A very efficient way for typing code source in insert mode is the
      possibility to select and paste text with the cursor staying at rest
      (modeless-selection).
      That can be obtained in gvim by unactivating the mouse (set mouse="").
      Unfortunately, the mouse can no longer be used for moving the cursor
      in that case.

      Is it possible to have both
      - mouse active (with left mouse button)
      - modeless selection active (with right mouse button)

      That would be the top.

      Best regards,
      Jean Johner

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 9:10 AM
        On 02/03/10 17:32, Jean Johner wrote:
        > Hello,
        > A very efficient way for typing code source in insert mode is the
        > possibility to select and paste text with the cursor staying at rest
        > (modeless-selection).
        > That can be obtained in gvim by unactivating the mouse (set mouse="").
        > Unfortunately, the mouse can no longer be used for moving the cursor
        > in that case.
        >
        > Is it possible to have both
        > - mouse active (with left mouse button)
        > - modeless selection active (with right mouse button)
        >
        > That would be the top.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Jean Johner

        See :help modeless-selection

        In gvim, Ctrl-Shift-Mouse activates the modeless selection regardless of
        what 'mouse' is set to.

        Answers to Last Fortune's Questions:

        (1) None. (Moses didn't have an ark).
        (2) Your mother, by the pigeonhole principle.
        (3) I don't know.
        (4) Who cares?
        (5) 6 (or maybe 4, or else 3). Mr. Alfred J. Duncan of Podunk,
        Montana, submitted an interesting solution to Problem 5.
        (6) There is an interesting solution to this problem on page 1029 of my
        book, which you can pick up for $23.95 at finer bookstores and
        bathroom supply outlets (or 99 cents at the table in front of
        Papyrus Books).

      • Jean Johner
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2 10:08 AM
          On Mar 2, 6:10 pm, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
          wrote:
          > In gvim, Ctrl-Shift-Mouse activates the modeless selection regardless of
          > what 'mouse' is set to.

          It is the top !

          Thank you, Tony.

          Jean Johner