Re: Integration with SAP

  • sc
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      On Monday 01 March 2010 02:03:25 pm Pavel Vávra wrote:

      > A: double-click at <word> does:
      > 1) if <word> is variable name, jumps to its definition
      > 2) if <word> is form/procedure/macro/function name, jumps to
      > its definition. In both cases: if definition is outside
      > opened source code, vim has to inform system about it (I just
      > do not know how it works, but assume it can be done), new
      > source file will be prepared (by SAP system) to Vim and Vim
      > shold open new file and move cursor to appropriate position
      > in this file. As a benefit - if user is not allowed to edit
      > new file, it should be opened in read-only mode (this
      > information has to be trasferred from SAP system). I think,
      > that if no double-click can be reassigned, it will be fine to
      > choose any other key, e.g. F2 for this functionality
      >
      > B: help (F1)
      > - when cursor stays on keyword, just send info to SAP, it
      > creates its own window with specified help. I think that it
      > can be done via some macro, is it?

      for (A) you're probably going to want to use some implementation
      of exuberant ctags, about which what i know wouldn't fill a
      thimble, but (B) can be easily handled by assigning ":help" to
      keywordprg in your .vimrc thusly:

      set keywordprg=:help

      then you just hit K in normal mode with your cursor on the
      keyword and up pops the help for that keyword

      hth,

      sc

    • Pavel Vávra
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010

        On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:43:52 -0600
        sc <toothpik@...> wrote:

        > On Monday 01 March 2010 02:03:25 pm Pavel Vávra wrote:
        >
        > > A: double-click at <word> does:
        > > 1) if <word> is variable name, jumps to its definition
        > > 2) if <word> is form/procedure/macro/function name, jumps to
        > > its definition. In both cases: if definition is outside
        > > opened source code, vim has to inform system about it (I just
        > > do not know how it works, but assume it can be done), new
        > > source file will be prepared (by SAP system) to Vim and Vim
        > > shold open new file and move cursor to appropriate position
        > > in this file. As a benefit - if user is not allowed to edit
        > > new file, it should be opened in read-only mode (this
        > > information has to be trasferred from SAP system). I think,
        > > that if no double-click can be reassigned, it will be fine to
        > > choose any other key, e.g. F2 for this functionality
        > >
        > > B: help (F1)
        > > - when cursor stays on keyword, just send info to SAP, it
        > > creates its own window with specified help. I think that it
        > > can be done via some macro, is it?
        > >

        > for (A) you're probably going to want to use some implementation
        > of exuberant ctags, about which what i know wouldn't fill a

        OK, exuberant ctags, will solve a part odf (A) question. Thank you for pointing to it. What about opening of files in R/O mode? It seems it is possible by Vim, it can be handled similar to help files. And sub-question: sometimes in this environment there are situation, where some parts of one file are read-only and some parts are allowed to enter text, see example:

        *-----
        non-editable line
        other non-editable line
        *{INSERT some_identification (this line is not editable)
        in this area I am able to enter anything, add lines, delete text, etc.
        up to this line
        *}
        non-editable lines to the end of file or to next "INSERT" block
        *-------

        > thimble, but (B) can be easily handled by assigning ":help" to
        > keywordprg in your .vimrc thusly:
        >
        > set keywordprg=:help
        >
        > then you just hit K in normal mode with your cursor on the
        > keyword and up pops the help for that keyword

        Yes, it should work ... and it will work fine for locally stored help files. Then only remapping to <F1> and to write help script :-) Thank you very much for this tip!

        Regards,
        Pavel