Re: close file but not the tab

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 6:40 AM
      On Feb 28, 12:07 am, Jan Larres <li...@...> wrote:
      > rameo <rai...@...>:
      >
      > > When I close Vim with 1 or 2 open documents I would like to reopen
      > > these documents open.
      >
      > > Is that possible?
      >
      > Use :mksession, just like Ben said.
      >
      >         Jan

      To clarify:

      :mksession will create a file (which you can specify) that contains a
      Vim script that will restore your current editing session. The option
      'sessionoptions' controls which portions of the editing session are
      restored.

      To resume a session, either launch Vim with "vim -S {session file}"
      or, from within Vim, use ":source {session file}".

      See :help :mksession for details.