Re: how to open only session files?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      On 31/12/09 07:43, Bee wrote:
      > I forgot to say I have this set:
      >
      > " save/restore buffer list
      > set viminfo+=%
      >
      > I was hoping the session file would take precedence.
      >
      > It seems not.

      If you ":bd[elete]" or ":bw[ipe]" a file instead of just ":q[uit]"ting
      it, then neither the viminfo nor the session file will remember it --
      unless you saved the viminfo with ":wv[iminfo]" while the file was still
      listed.

      The session file is normally used to remember which files are in your
      windows and tabs. (It can also remember options, the buffer list, etc.)
      The buffer list is in addition to windows and tabs, and remembers (among
      others) the marks (including the latest cursor position) for each of the
      files in the buffer list.

      See
      :help :bdelete
      :help :bwipe
      :help viminfo
      :help 'viminfo'
      :help :wviminfo
      :help 'sessionoptions'
      :help :mksession

      If little green men land in your back yard, hide any little green women
      you've got in the house.
      -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"