Re: close file but not the tab

  • Jan Larres
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2010
      rameo <raiwil@...>:
      > When I close Vim with 1 or 2 open documents I would like to reopen
      > these documents open.
      >
      > Is that possible?

      Use :mksession, just like Ben said.

      Jan

      --
      OpenPGP Key-ID: 00A0FD5F
      "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        On Feb 28, 12:07 am, Jan Larres <li...@...> wrote:
        > rameo <rai...@...>:
        >
        > > When I close Vim with 1 or 2 open documents I would like to reopen
        > > these documents open.
        >
        > > Is that possible?
        >
        > Use :mksession, just like Ben said.
        >
        >         Jan

        To clarify:

        :mksession will create a file (which you can specify) that contains a
        Vim script that will restore your current editing session. The option
        'sessionoptions' controls which portions of the editing session are
        restored.

        To resume a session, either launch Vim with "vim -S {session file}"
        or, from within Vim, use ":source {session file}".

        See :help :mksession for details.