View jumplist in quickfix window

  • Nathan Neff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2010
      I'd like to be able to view the jumplist in the quickfix window.

      I had it working a minute ago, so I know it's possible, but I can't
      get Vim to do it again.

      Does anyone know how to get the jumplist to show up in the quickfix window?

      Thanks
      --Nate

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2010
        Hi Nathan!

        On Di, 16 Feb 2010, Nathan Neff wrote:

        > I had it working a minute ago, so I know it's possible, but I can't
        > get Vim to do it again.
        >
        > Does anyone know how to get the jumplist to show up in the quickfix window?

        How about:
        fu! <sid>JumpQF()
        redir => output
        sil! jumps
        redir end

        let list=split(output, '\n')[1:]
        let list=map(list, '{"filename": matchstr(v:val, ''^\s\+\d\+\s\+\d\+\s\+\d\+\s\+\zs.*$''), "lnum": matchstr(v:val, ''^\s\+\d\+\s\+\zs\d\+'')+0, "col": matchstr(v:val, ''\s\+\d\+\s\+\d\+\s\+\zs\d\+'')+0}')
        call setloclist(0, list)
        lopen
        endfu

        com! Jumps :call <sid>JumpQF()

        regards,
        Christian
        93. New mail alarm on your palmtop annoys other churchgoers.

      • Nathan Neff
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2010
          On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
          Hi Nathan!

          On Di, 16 Feb 2010, Nathan Neff wrote:

          > I had it working a minute ago, so I know it's possible, but I can't
          > get Vim to do it again.
          >
          > Does anyone know how to get the jumplist to show up in the quickfix window?

          FYI, the FuzzyFinder plugin has the command :FufJumpList
          which shows a list of jumps that you can select and then jump to.

          --Nate