Re: Shorten cscope quickfix path?

  • Bryan Venteicher
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      ----- "Ben Fritz" <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > On Feb 1, 1:03 pm, Lewis Thompson <pur...@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anybody know if I can trim the file path in the quickfix
      > window?
      > >

      > I don't know it for a fact, but from experience it seems that the
      > quickfix window shows paths based on your current directory. You
      > could
      > change your directory with :cd or :lcd or use the 'autochdir' option
      > if it bothers you. I don't think there's much way around it
      > otherwise.

      IIRC, when listing results in the quickfix window, the path will be whatever
      is in the Cscope DB plus any prepend path given with :cs add.

      I ran into a similar problem at $JOB. What I ended up doing was adding
      QuickFixCmd{Pre,Post} Cscope autocmd events [1] using the Post event to,
      among other things, strip off part of the path.

      I had talked with Bram offlist about getting the Cscope events added, but
      his reply had gotten lost in a deluge of email until this post caused me
      to go search my email. I'll try to talk with him again about it this week.

      [1] http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/ed748eb60917d946