How powerful is language build in vim compare with the language build in emacs?

  • Peng Yu
    Message 1 of 52 , Jan 24, 2010
      I have learned neither the language for vim scripting nor the language
      for emacs scripting (which is lisp, right?). (I know mit-scheme, but I
      have never used emacs) May I ask the following questions?

      I know Lisp is very powerful. Is the language in vim as powerful?

      For what type of tasks, it is more difficult to do in vim scripting
      language than lisp in emacs? And for what type of tasks, it is easier
      to do in vim scripting language than lisp in emacs?

    • John Little
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 18, 2013
        On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:48:47 PM UTC+13, pansz wrote:
        > In theory, a turing complete language could do anything.

        brainfuck (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck) is Turing complete...

        Regards, John Little