Re: Patterns, variables and strange behavior of some thing.

  • jojahti
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2010
      Ааа, has understood. Value of a variable to equally found expression, and not
      condition?

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2010
        On Jan 2, 11:31 am, jojahti <joja...@...> wrote:
        > Now i simply learn to work in the editor of a code, and try to do my own
        > syntax highlighting.

        Is there a particular reason you feel the need to make your own syntax
        highlighting rules? Vim has syntax highlighting defined already for
        most common programming languages. What are you trying to highlight
        that you need to make up your own rules? Is this something you could
        share with others once you figure it out?

      • jojahti
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2010
          I so understand that I should generate dynamically filling highlighting
          groups .

          For example i have this string:
          [b]int aa, bb, cc, zz, ee;
          [\b]
          And this pattern:
          [b]'\(\(int\)\([[:space:]]\+[^[:space:](),;]\+[,]\)\=[[:space:]]\+\)\zs[^[:space:](),;=]\+'[/b]
          But witch's him i can find only one variables name of some those. Because,
          that's i mean, two copies of the found expressions cannot begin with the one
          symbols. It's that?

          Can i give all variables name from string, of the these vid, which help of
          only one pattern? And how?

          >Is there a particular reason you feel the need to make your own syntax
          >highlighting rules? Vim has syntax highlighting defined already for
          >most common programming languages. What are you trying to highlight
          >that you need to make up your own rules?
          Vim is code editor - constructor.
          It means that I can make with code editing that, that i want. Or my be my
          idea not good.
          Simpe I want create small changed, such as variable highlighting.

          >Is this something you could share with others once you figure it out?
          Or my be I have incorrect understood of forum orientation. :blush:

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6 2:53 PM
            On 01/01/10 17:42, jojahti wrote:
            [...]
            > P.S. it's my first post in English. :thinking:
            > Forums on my native language, where I can ask this question - about zero.

            Well, I could see that English wasn't your native language; at least
            you've made a mighty effort. :-) (I snipped the question because I don't
            think I can contribute something of value to the answer.)

            Seeing that you're posting from a .ru address, but with a name which is
            far from typically Russian, I think that on this list a post in Russian
            might or might not get an appropriate answer, but it would certainly
            irritate many non-Russian-speaking regulars; as for Estonian, maybe some
            vim-list posters (other than you) understands it, but I wouldn't bet on
            it. Welcome anyway.

            "Gee, Mudhead, everyone at More Science High has an
            extracurricular activity except you."
            "Well, gee, doesn't Louise count?"
            "Only to ten, Mudhead."

            -- Firesign Theater