Right click in Motif GVim.

  • Tinou
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hello,

      On two regularly updated ArchLinux, I've been using Motif GVim for quite some time now and can remember the day (though not exactly when) when right click did something useful (extending the selection or popuping up a menu or both).

      But since some time, in the subversion version (updated yesterday), right click seems to do nothing, regardless of 'mousemodel' and blocks the mouse cursor in gvim's window. All the window manager's keyboard shortcuts no longer works, leaving me the only option to switch to console and kill that gvim.

      I've checked that 'mouse' is set to 'a' and 'mousemodel' to 'extend', tried launching with "-U NONE -u NONE" and two different window manager (dwm and icewm)...

      Is this a bug or can there be something wrong with the Makefile I edited ? The only things I do to this file is activating MOTIF GUI, some interpreters such as python and ruby and setting the features to the huge preset.

      √Čtienne Faure

    • Matt Wozniski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Tinou wrote:
        > Hello,
        > On two regularly updated ArchLinux, I've been using Motif GVim for quite
        > some time now and can remember the day (though not exactly when) when right
        > click did something useful (extending the selection or popuping up a menu or
        > both).
        > But since some time, in the subversion version (updated yesterday), right
        > click seems to do nothing, regardless of 'mousemodel' and blocks the mouse
        > cursor in gvim's window. All the window manager's keyboard shortcuts no
        > longer works, leaving me the only option to switch to console and kill that
        > gvim.
        > I've checked that 'mouse' is set to 'a' and 'mousemodel' to 'extend', tried
        > launching with "-U NONE -u NONE" and two different window manager (dwm and
        > icewm)...
        > Is this a bug or can there be something wrong with the Makefile I edited ?
        > The only things I do to this file is activating MOTIF GUI, some interpreters
        > such as python and ruby and setting the features to the huge preset.
        > Regards,

        Right click properly extends a visual selection for me, with vim
        7.2.284 and the Motif GUI.

        VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Nov 8 2009 22:04:21)
        Included patches: 1-284
        Compiled by jamessan@...
        Huge version with X11-Motif GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
        +arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
        +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments
        +cryptv +cscope +cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic
        +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path
        +float +folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand
        +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap
        +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec +mouse_gpm
        -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_xterm +multi_byte
        +multi_lang -mzscheme +netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra +perl +postscript
        +printer +profile +python +quickfix +reltime +rightleft +ruby +scrollbind
        +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
        +tag_old_static -tag_any_white +tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title
        +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo
        +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup +X11 +xfontset +xim
        +xsmp_interact +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
        system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
        user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
        user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
        system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
        user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
        fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/share/vim"
        Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF
        -Wall -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fstack-protector
        -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
        -I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE -I/usr/include/python2.5 -pthread
        -I/usr/include/tcl8.4 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1
        -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i486-linux
        Linking: gcc -L. -rdynamic -Wl,-export-dynamic -Wl,-E
        -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lXext -lXm -lncurses -lselinux -lacl -lgpm
        -Wl,-E -fstack-protector -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE
        -lperl -L/usr/lib/python2.5/config -lpython2.5 -lutil -Xlinker
        -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.4
        -lieee -lruby1.8 -lrt -lm

        ~Matt