Re: netrc syntax - adding 'account'

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Hi Mantas!

      On Fr, 01 Jan 2010, Mantas MikulÄ—nas wrote:

      > I have noticed that vim 7.2's syntax file for ~/.netrc does not have
      > support for 'account' keyword (which is probably quite rare but still
      > used for various not-even-related-to-FTP purposes), so I added it
      > myself. It's a very minor change - <http://sprunge.us/VgZX> - but I
      > still would like it to be included with the next version of vim
      > ('account' is defined in manpage of ftp(1)). Being very new to the vim
      > community and everything, I'm asking where should I ask for that.

      Thanks for letting us know. You can find the maintainer of the syntax
      file in the header of the appropriate syntax .vim file. According to my
      locale vim runtime files, it is Nikolai Waibull, who maintains the
      netrc.vim file:

      ,----[ head -n5 ~/local/share/vim/vim72/syntax/netrc.vim ]-
      | " Vim syntax file
      | " Language: netrc(5) configuration file
      | " Maintainer: Nikolai Weibull <now@...>
      | " Latest Revision: 2006-04-19
      `----

      I am CC'ing the maintainer to make sure, he receives your info. You
      should however check, whether your change isn't already included in the
      latest runtime files available at http://www.vim.org/runtime.php

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Der Simulant von Zimmer 12 ist tot. Darauf der Arzt: "Jetzt übertreibt
      er aber."