netrc syntax - adding 'account'

  • Mantas Mikulėnas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      Hi.

      I have noticed that vim 7.2's syntax file for ~/.netrc does not have support for 'account' keyword (which is probably quite rare but still used for various not-even-related-to-FTP purposes), so I added it myself. It's a very minor change - <http://sprunge.us/VgZX> - but I still would like it to be included with the next version of vim ('account' is defined in manpage of ftp(1)). Being very new to the vim community and everything, I'm asking where should I ask for that.

      Thanks for reading.

      --
      Mantas Mikulėnas, 0xD24F6CB2C1B52632
      <http://purl.oclc.org/NET/grawity/>

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi Mantas!

        On Fr, 01 Jan 2010, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:

        > I have noticed that vim 7.2's syntax file for ~/.netrc does not have
        > support for 'account' keyword (which is probably quite rare but still
        > used for various not-even-related-to-FTP purposes), so I added it
        > myself. It's a very minor change - <http://sprunge.us/VgZX> - but I
        > still would like it to be included with the next version of vim
        > ('account' is defined in manpage of ftp(1)). Being very new to the vim
        > community and everything, I'm asking where should I ask for that.

        Thanks for letting us know. You can find the maintainer of the syntax
        file in the header of the appropriate syntax .vim file. According to my
        locale vim runtime files, it is Nikolai Waibull, who maintains the
        netrc.vim file:

        ,----[ head -n5 ~/local/share/vim/vim72/syntax/netrc.vim ]-
        | " Vim syntax file
        | " Language: netrc(5) configuration file
        | " Maintainer: Nikolai Weibull <now@...>
        | " Latest Revision: 2006-04-19
        `----

        I am CC'ing the maintainer to make sure, he receives your info. You
        should however check, whether your change isn't already included in the
        latest runtime files available at http://www.vim.org/runtime.php

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Der Simulant von Zimmer 12 ist tot. Darauf der Arzt: "Jetzt übertreibt
        er aber."