Re: Run set textwidth=80 only for .tex files ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      On 07/11/09 00:36, James Michael Fultz wrote:

      > * Bertrand Janin<tamentis@...> [2009-11-06 18:04 -0500]:
      >> autocmd FileType tex set textwidth=80
      >
      > autocmd FileType tex setlocal textwidth=80
      >
      > ...would be better.

      Yes indeed; and instead of "autocmd FileType" you could also place the
      setlocal command in a file named tex.vim and placed in the ftplugin/
      subdirectory of some directory listed late in 'runtimepath', for
      instance ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/tex.vim on Unix, or
      ~/vimfiles/after/ftplugin/tex.vim on Windows. (If the directories don't
      exist yet, create them.)

      See
      :help ftplugin
      :help 'runtimepath'
      :help after-directory

      YOU TOO CAN MAKE BIG MONEY IN THE EXCITING FIELD OF
      PAPER SHUFFLING!

      Mr. TAA of Muddle, Mass. says: "Before I took this course I used to be
      a lowly bit twiddler. Now with what I learned at MIT Tech I feel
      really important and can obfuscate and confuse with the best."

      Mr. MARC had this to say: "Ten short days ago all I could look forward
      to was a dead-end job as a engineer. Now I have a promising future and
      make really big Zorkmids."

      MIT Tech can't promise these fantastic results to everyone, but when
      you earn your MDL degree from MIT Tech your future will be brighter.

      SEND FOR OUR FREE BROCHURE TODAY!