dbext multiple profiles for same server

  • krzysztof cierpisz
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
      let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb11 =
      'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.248.252:port=1521:srvname=emeadb11'
      "let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb =
      'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.252.86:port=1521:srvname=emeadb'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpisz_mktgcd =
      'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=mktgcd'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_glm_tsbu64 =
      'type=ORA:user=glm:passwd=****:srvname=tsbu64'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpiszjupiter =
      'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

      and it works fine,

      when I add one more profile:
      let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
      'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

      I get following error when trying to select then profile to run some
      sql snippet:

      0. None
      1. chris_emeadb11
      2. computerprofile
      3. glm_tsbu64
      4. kcierpisz_mktgcd
      5. kcierpisz_mktgcd_dbi
      6. kcierpiszjupiter

      I select 2

      these error messages appear:
      dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
      dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
      dbext:A valid database type must be chosen

      how can i correct that?

      thanks,
      chris

    • krzysztof cierpisz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        > Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
        > reproduce what you are seeing.
        >
        > I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.
        >
        > The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile".  If you change
        > the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
        > issue.
        >
        > HTH,
        > Dave

        thanks Dave

      • Roald de Vries
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
          On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:22 PM, A. S. Budden wrote:
          > 2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
          >> Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
          >> looking for file path completion.
          >
          > It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?
          >
          > :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F
          >
          > Hope that helps.

          It does, thank you. Now I'm stuck with python omni-completion. I have
          the following:

          class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
          def bla(self):
          pass

          t = Tkinter.Tk()
          p = Program()

          If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
          type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
          found'). Can anybody help me out?

        • Roald de Vries
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
            Hi all,

            I'm a bit stuck here. May I once more draw your attention to my
            earlier mail?

            > class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
            > def bla(self):
            > pass
            >
            > t = Tkinter.Tk()
            > p = Program()
            >
            > If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
            > type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
            > found'). Can anybody help me out?

            Thanks in advance, regards, Roald