Re: omni-completion for bash script or file paths

  • A. S. Budden
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
      > looking for file path completion.

      It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?

      :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F

      Hope that helps.

      Al

      --
      http://sites.google.com/site/abudden

    • krzysztof cierpisz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
        let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb11 =
        'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.248.252:port=1521:srvname=emeadb11'
        "let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb =
        'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.252.86:port=1521:srvname=emeadb'
        let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpisz_mktgcd =
        'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=mktgcd'
        let g:dbext_default_profile_glm_tsbu64 =
        'type=ORA:user=glm:passwd=****:srvname=tsbu64'
        let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpiszjupiter =
        'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

        and it works fine,

        when I add one more profile:
        let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
        'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

        I get following error when trying to select then profile to run some
        sql snippet:

        0. None
        1. chris_emeadb11
        2. computerprofile
        3. glm_tsbu64
        4. kcierpisz_mktgcd
        5. kcierpisz_mktgcd_dbi
        6. kcierpiszjupiter

        I select 2

        these error messages appear:
        dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
        dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
        dbext:A valid database type must be chosen

        how can i correct that?

        thanks,
        chris

      • krzysztof cierpisz
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
          > Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
          > reproduce what you are seeing.
          >
          > I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.
          >
          > The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile".  If you change
          > the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
          > issue.
          >
          > HTH,
          > Dave

          thanks Dave

        • Roald de Vries
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
            On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:22 PM, A. S. Budden wrote:
            > 2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
            >> Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
            >> looking for file path completion.
            >
            > It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?
            >
            > :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F
            >
            > Hope that helps.

            It does, thank you. Now I'm stuck with python omni-completion. I have
            the following:

            class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
            def bla(self):
            pass

            t = Tkinter.Tk()
            p = Program()

            If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
            type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
            found'). Can anybody help me out?

          • Roald de Vries
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
              Hi all,

              I'm a bit stuck here. May I once more draw your attention to my
              earlier mail?

              > class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
              > def bla(self):
              > pass
              >
              > t = Tkinter.Tk()
              > p = Program()
              >
              > If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
              > type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
              > found'). Can anybody help me out?

              Thanks in advance, regards, Roald