Re: dbext multiple profiles for same server

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM, krzysztof cierpisz <ciapecki@...> wrote:
      > these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
      > when I add one more profile:
      > let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
      > 'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

      Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
      reproduce what you are seeing.

      I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.

      The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile". If you change
      the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
      issue.

      HTH,
      Dave

    • Roald de Vries
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi all,

        Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
        looking for file path completion.

        Roald

      • A. S. Budden
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
          2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
          > looking for file path completion.

          It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?

          :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F

          Hope that helps.

          Al

          --
          http://sites.google.com/site/abudden

        • krzysztof cierpisz
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
            these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
            let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb11 =
            'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.248.252:port=1521:srvname=emeadb11'
            "let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb =
            'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.252.86:port=1521:srvname=emeadb'
            let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpisz_mktgcd =
            'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=mktgcd'
            let g:dbext_default_profile_glm_tsbu64 =
            'type=ORA:user=glm:passwd=****:srvname=tsbu64'
            let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpiszjupiter =
            'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

            and it works fine,

            when I add one more profile:
            let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
            'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

            I get following error when trying to select then profile to run some
            sql snippet:

            0. None
            1. chris_emeadb11
            2. computerprofile
            3. glm_tsbu64
            4. kcierpisz_mktgcd
            5. kcierpisz_mktgcd_dbi
            6. kcierpiszjupiter

            I select 2

            these error messages appear:
            dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
            dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
            dbext:A valid database type must be chosen

            how can i correct that?

            thanks,
            chris

          • krzysztof cierpisz
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
              > Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
              > reproduce what you are seeing.
              >
              > I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.
              >
              > The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile".  If you change
              > the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
              > issue.
              >
              > HTH,
              > Dave

              thanks Dave

            • Roald de Vries
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:22 PM, A. S. Budden wrote:
                > 2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
                >> Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
                >> looking for file path completion.
                >
                > It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?
                >
                > :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F
                >
                > Hope that helps.

                It does, thank you. Now I'm stuck with python omni-completion. I have
                the following:

                class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
                def bla(self):
                pass

                t = Tkinter.Tk()
                p = Program()

                If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
                type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
                found'). Can anybody help me out?

              • Roald de Vries
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                  Hi all,

                  I'm a bit stuck here. May I once more draw your attention to my
                  earlier mail?

                  > class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
                  > def bla(self):
                  > pass
                  >
                  > t = Tkinter.Tk()
                  > p = Program()
                  >
                  > If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
                  > type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
                  > found'). Can anybody help me out?

                  Thanks in advance, regards, Roald