dbext multiple profiles for same server

  • krzysztof cierpisz
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
      these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
      let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb11 =
      'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.248.252:port=1521:srvname=emeadb11'
      "let g:dbext_default_profile_chris_emeadb =
      'type=ORA:user=chris:passwd=****:host=10.165.252.86:port=1521:srvname=emeadb'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpisz_mktgcd =
      'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=mktgcd'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_glm_tsbu64 =
      'type=ORA:user=glm:passwd=****:srvname=tsbu64'
      let g:dbext_default_profile_kcierpiszjupiter =
      'type=ORA:user=kcierpisz:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

      and it works fine,

      when I add one more profile:
      let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
      'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

      I get following error when trying to select then profile to run some
      sql snippet:

      0. None
      1. chris_emeadb11
      2. computerprofile
      3. glm_tsbu64
      4. kcierpisz_mktgcd
      5. kcierpisz_mktgcd_dbi
      6. kcierpiszjupiter

      I select 2

      dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
      dbext: Profiles cannot be nested
      dbext:A valid database type must be chosen

      how can i correct that?

      thanks,
      chris

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
        On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM, krzysztof cierpisz <ciapecki@...> wrote:
        > these are my current profiles for dbext in my .vimrc file:
        > when I add one more profile:
        > let g:dbext_default_profile_computerprofile =
        > 'type=ORA:user=computerprofile:passwd=****:srvname=jupiterdb.us.oracle.com'

        Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
        reproduce what you are seeing.

        I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.

        The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile". If you change
        the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
        issue.

        HTH,
        Dave

      • Roald de Vries
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
          Hi all,

          Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
          looking for file path completion.

          Roald

        • A. S. Budden
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
            2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
            > looking for file path completion.

            It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?

            :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F

            Hope that helps.

            Al

            --
            http://sites.google.com/site/abudden

          • krzysztof cierpisz
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
[...]

              these error messages appear:

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2009
                > Chris, thanks for providing what you did, it was enough for me to
                > reproduce what you are seeing.
                >
                > I have corrected the problem for the next release of dbext.
                >
                > The issue is the use of "profile" in "computerprofile".  If you change
                > the name to something else: "computerpfile", you can work around the
                > issue.
                >
                > HTH,
                > Dave

                thanks Dave

              • Roald de Vries
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                  On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:22 PM, A. S. Budden wrote:
                  > 2009/12/1 Roald de Vries <downaold@...>:
                  >> Does an omni-completion function exist for bash scripts? I'm mainly
                  >> looking for file path completion.
                  >
                  > It's not omni-completion, but have you tried Ctrl-X Ctrl-F ?
                  >
                  > :help i_CTRL-X_CTRL-F
                  >
                  > Hope that helps.

                  It does, thank you. Now I'm stuck with python omni-completion. I have
                  the following:

                  class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
                  def bla(self):
                  pass

                  t = Tkinter.Tk()
                  p = Program()

                  If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
                  type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
                  found'). Can anybody help me out?

                • Roald de Vries
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                    Hi all,

                    I'm a bit stuck here. May I once more draw your attention to my
                    earlier mail?

                    > class Program(Tkinter.Tk):
                    > def bla(self):
                    > pass
                    >
                    > t = Tkinter.Tk()
                    > p = Program()
                    >
                    > If I now type 't.<C-X><C-O>' I get a nice list of options, but if I
                    > type 'p.<C-X><C-O>' I get nothing (besides a message 'Pattern not
                    > found'). Can anybody help me out?

                    Thanks in advance, regards, Roald