Re: character "\n" in SendKeys() parameter

  • anna klein
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
             :exe 'let var="abc\' . 'ndef"'

      where the :execute command will put the \ and n together inside a double-quoted string which :let will then evaluate.

      Depending on how the "sending" application represents strings, there may be an easier way of ensuring that the \n remains two characters until the :let command evaluates the double-quoted string.

      Thanks, Tony. It works.
      My initial solution was to create a predefined variable storing '\n' and then use that variable in the argument of SendKeys.
      Your solution is cleaner.
      Thank you.

      Anna