Size of icons under Vim

  • epanda
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2009
      Hi,

      I would like to know if we can use icon that have more than 20x20
      pixels of (widthxheight).

      Or if I can augment the size of icon's menu ?

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2009
        On 25/11/09 09:47, epanda wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I would like to know if we can use icon that have more than 20x20
        > pixels of (widthxheight).
        >
        > Or if I can augment the size of icon's menu ?
        >
        > Thanks

        See ":help toolbar-icon" about installing nonstandard icons, and in
        particular this:

        > For MS-Windows and GTK+ 2 the bitmap is scaled to fit the button. For
        > MS-Windows a size of 18 by 18 pixels works best.
        > For MS-Windows the bitmap should have 16 colors with the standard palette.
        > The light grey pixels will be changed to the Window frame color and the
        > dark grey pixels to the window shadow color. More colors might also work,
        > depending on your system.

        So yes, you may construct larger images, but when you apply them to your
        toolbar menus, they will be scaled, at least for Windows and GTK. It
        isn't clear to me what will happen if you invoke nonstandard-size icons
        in Athena, Motif and Photon.

        However, see also ":help 'toolbariconsize'" which says how you can have
        them scaled to a different size (but only in gvim with GTK2 GUI).

        we will invent new lullabies, new songs, new acts of love,
        we will cry over things we used to laugh &
        our new wisdom will bring tears to eyes of gentile
        creatures from other planets who were afraid of us till then &
        in the end a summer with wild winds &
        new friends will be.

      • epanda
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2009
          On 25 nov, 10:36, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
          wrote:
          > On 25/11/09 09:47, epanda wrote:
          >

          > So yes, you may construct larger images, but when you apply them to your
          > toolbar menus, they will be scaled, at least for Windows and GTK. It
          > isn't clear to me what will happen if you invoke nonstandard-size icons
          > in Athena, Motif and Photon.
          >
          > However, see also ":help 'toolbariconsize'" which says how you can have
          > them scaled to a different size (but only in gvim with GTK2 GUI).

          Hum I have seen the help about toolbariconsize and I sum up that it is
          not possible to have larger icons on Windows , only on Gnome system.
          Can you confirm ?
          Thanks

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2009
            On 25/11/09 21:06, epanda wrote:

            > On 25 nov, 10:36, Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechely...@...>
            > wrote:
            >> On 25/11/09 09:47, epanda wrote:
            >>

            >> So yes, you may construct larger images, but when you apply them to your
            >> toolbar menus, they will be scaled, at least for Windows and GTK. It
            >> isn't clear to me what will happen if you invoke nonstandard-size icons
            >> in Athena, Motif and Photon.
            >>
            >> However, see also ":help 'toolbariconsize'" which says how you can have
            >> them scaled to a different size (but only in gvim with GTK2 GUI).
            >>

            > Hum I have seen the help about toolbariconsize and I sum up that it is
            > not possible to have larger icons on Windows , only on Gnome system.
            > Can you confirm ?
            > Thanks

            I'm not on Windows, but that's how I read the help, yes.

            205. You're constantly yelling at your spouse, family, roommate, whatever,
            for using the phone for stupid things...like talking.